Wednesday 16 October 2013

Moose Mountain

I'm sorry, did I say we hiked up a mountain in the snow last weekend? I was joking. This weekend, we hiked up a mountain in the snow. For real. All the way up the mountain. In some real honest to god snow. Moose Mountain is also in Kananaskis Country - a closer drive from Calgary - and one of the trails that was not washed out by the recent floods (flood damage has limited our choice of trails a bit thus far).


From the top, Moose Mountain appears to be the easternmost snow-capped peak near Calgary; you can see the city, just barely, from the top. It's also reportedly where they filmed Brokeback Mountain.


3 comments:

  1. I love all of the "we're so close" comments from Chris. Reminds me of old times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says he wishes he were there.

    ReplyDelete